cultivating the next generation of investors
This fall, Invest Africa U.S. is launching its Next Generation (“NextGen”) program geared towards professionals in the U.S. investor community who have a longer-term interest in working in African countries. Driven by the Invest Africa U.S. board’s desire to accelerate the next generation of investors, the idea is simple: pass down knowledge to those who share the same passion for catalyzing economic growth in Africa through financial investments.
To bring together likeminded individuals and provide a forum for educating the next generation of potential African investors on the trends, challenges, and opportunities of conducting business on the continent. Participation in this program will provide direct access to the expertise that lies at the core of the Africa-interested U.S. investor community.
Benefits of Membership
NextGen members will enjoy access to the following benefits:
Quarterly convenings: Generally held in New York and DC, these private events will feature a range of formats (including dinners, cocktail receptions and teleconferences) and content driven by the interests of the cadre.
- Access to the Invest Africa global network: Speakers and content will come directly from our network of over 400 top decision makers at global organizations, international fund managers, high net worth private investors, private equity investors, family offices, and others. Will provide ample networking opportunities amongst other NextGen and Invest Africa members.
- Invest Africa U.S. Events: NextGen members will receive an invitation to one major Invest Africa event annually.
- High level investor trips: Invest Africa routinely leads site visits to African countries where members meet with relevant government officials and leading local businesses. Subject to availability, NextGen members will be given the opportunity to participate in these trips.
Invest Africa NextGen will consist of members who:
Have a background in finance, business, or related field;
- Possess a longer-term interest of working for the benefit of Africa;
- Are between the ages of 25 and 45 years old as of September, 1 2018;
- Are based in the United States.
Application Process and Timeline
If interested, please fill out this short application to express your interest in joining the Invest Africa U.S. NextGen program.
NextGen Candidates: Application deadline is September 10th, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Invest Africa U.S. Members: Please nominate your candidate here.
Successful candidates will be informed of their selection on September 12th, 2018. The launch of the NextGen Program will take place on Monday, September 24th in New York City during the United Nations General Assembly week.
The membership cost is $499 annually and is all-inclusive. Company sponsorships are also accepted.